COVID-19 Update – Office closed to public through May 28th
Clatskanie PUD Taking Proactive Measures to Protect Customers and Employees from COVID-19
Since Monday, March 23, 2020 the Clatskanie PUD office has been closed to the public due to COVID-19. In the interest of the safety of our community and our employees, we have made the decision to suspend public access to our lobby and headquarters building through May 28, 2020. Our community meeting room is also closed to group meetings through May.
It is vital to the continued operation of our electric utility that we keep our staff healthy and able to fulfill their duties and responsibilities to maintain power to our customers. To this end, we are limiting potential exposure of our staff to the virus. Our staff is instructed to conduct all customer interactions via phone, mail, or email and to restrict travel and personal attendance to outside meetings. We have also suspended two programs that would put contract field personnel into customers’ homes to make sure both staff and our customers are protected to the best extent possible.
As an essential service, employees are reporting to work with social distancing protocols in place. Clatskanie PUD will continue to conduct business that can be done via phone, email, and our website. We understand that closing the office will impact the way some of our customers pay their bills and other Clatskanie PUD related business, so in order to lessen the impact we offer a variety of ways to serve your needs:
- Online bill pay – Visit our website at clatskaniepud.com
- SmartHub app – Clatskanie PUD’s SmartHub app allows you to pay your bill, and view monthly usage. Visit Google Play or Apple App store to download the app.
- By phone – Our secure “IVR” payment line is available 24 hours a day. Call 844-262-2431 and follow the prompts.
- At our office – our payment drop box, located at 495 E. Columbia River Hwy, Clatskanie, can be accessed anytime day or night. We ask that you pay by check, money order, or cashier’s check. If you require a receipt, please note that on your payment and we will mail it to you as soon as possible.
- To talk to a Customer Service Representative for other needs such as to stop, start, or transfer service – please call our office at 503-728-2163.
- Our line crews will continue to respond to outage reports and other necessary work. Meter Readers will also continue to be in the field at this time. Please keep a safe 6-foot distance from our field personnel for proper COVID-19 social distancing.
- During this difficult time for those customers who are out of work due to impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, please contact us to make extended payment arrangements. If you contact us to make payment arrangements, you will avoid late fees and negative impacts. Our Share the Warmth energy assistance funds are available to help those in need as well. Communication with our customer service department via phone 503-728-2163 or email@example.com is vital to our being able to assist you.
Clatskanie PUD will be following and adhering to all State and Federal regulations and requirements as we go through this challenging time. We will keep our website and Facebook account (www.facebook.com/clastskaniepud) updated to further inform our customers of any changes.
Finally, we encourage you to consult the CDC’s website, www.cdc.gov and the Oregon Health Authority updates for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding COVID-19 and best practices to help avoid the spread of the coronavirus. We want to express our appreciation for your support and understanding as we all unitedly work through these events. Our sincere hope is that you all remain well and safe from the virus.