COVID-19 Update – Office Open with COVID-19 Protective Measures
Clatskanie PUD Taking Proactive Measures to Protect Customers and Employees from COVID-19
We reopened our lobby on Monday, June 29th to our customers and the public. We have taken precautionary measures to protect both our returning staff and customers through the remainder of the pandemic period. Our community meeting room will remain closed to group meetings until further notice.
The most noticeable change is the plexiglass we installed over our customer service counters. It provides a protective barrier for everyone and still allow us to see, communicate, and interact effectively with our customers. Other changes will include new signage to clearly communicate the social distancing requirements from the State, to ensure six feet between people waiting in the lobby and only one person at the front counter at a time. We will have hand sanitizer stations throughout the lobby and building for all to use. We will also be cleaning the lobby area on a regular basis with emphasis on door handles and counters that receive regular use.
All of our services will once again be available to our customers. We will continue our requirement that when having any physical interactions between staff and customers in the field, we will be wearing protective masks for the safety and protection of both.
We greatly appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding throughout this challenging time. We are excited to be able to work together again and interact with our customers. We do ask one very important thing of both our staff and customers; for the continued safety of all, if anyone is sick for any reason, we request that they not come into the building. This will allow us to continue to be open and available while providing a safe working environment for us to do so. Thank you!
Please contact our Customer Service Representatives if you are encountering financial difficulties in paying your bill due to the loss of or decrease in employment, or loss of business due the pandemic. While we have discontinued late fees and disconnect processes for the present time, balances are still owed for the energy used. We are able to make payment arrangements and offer COVID Share the Warmth assistance to you.
We offer a variety of ways to serve your needs:
- Online bill pay – Visit our website at clatskaniepud.com
- SmartHub app – Clatskanie PUD’s SmartHub app allows you to pay your bill, and view monthly usage. Visit Google Play or Apple App store to download the app.
- By phone – Our secure “IVR” payment line is available 24 hours a day. Call 844-262-2431 and follow the prompts.
- At our office – our payment drop box, located at 495 E. Columbia River Hwy, Clatskanie, can be accessed anytime day or night. We ask that you pay by check, money order, or cashier’s check. If you require a receipt, please note that on your payment and we will mail it to you as soon as possible.
- To talk to a Customer Service Representative for other needs such as to stop, start, or transfer service – please call our office at 503-728-2163.
- Our line crews will continue to respond to outage reports and other necessary work. Meter Readers will also continue to be in the field at this time. Please keep a safe 6-foot distance from our field personnel for proper COVID-19 social distancing.
- During this challenging time for those customers who are out of work due to impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, please contact us to make extended payment arrangements. If you contact us to make payment arrangements, you will avoid late fees and negative impacts. Our Share the Warmth energy assistance funds are available to help those in need as well. Communication with our customer service department via phone 503-728-2163 or email@example.com is vital to our being able to assist you.
Clatskanie PUD will be following and adhering to all State and Federal regulations and requirements. We will keep our website and Facebook account (www.facebook.com/clastskaniepud) updated to further inform our customers of any changes.
Finally, we encourage you to consult the CDC’s website, www.cdc.gov and the Oregon Health Authority updates for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding COVID-19 and best practices to help avoid the spread of the coronavirus. We want to express our appreciation for your support and understanding as we all unitedly work through these events. Our sincere hope is that you all remain well and safe from the virus.