You may request an application by emailing us at email@example.com.
Please mail completed applications and resumes to:
P.O. Box 216
Clatskanie, Oregon 97016
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES: Engineering & Operations Manager
The District is currently seeking a full-time experienced Engineering & Operations Manager to provide quality leadership, communication, and supervision. This position reports directly to the General Manager and is a member of the senior management team. If you are an experienced leader with a passion for customer service, safety, and teamwork, this may be the opportunity for you.
Essential Functions – Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for Engineering & Operations (E & O) functions; including, planning, operation, maintenance, and construction of distribution, transmission, substations, and generation facilities in coordination with other departments as required.
- Directs and leads all of the E & O Supervisors, in addition to giving both technical and administrative guidance as needed.
- Review and manage staff’s work; stay abreast and informed on projects staff are working on.
- Play a key role in developing, providing data, understanding and implementing the annual District budget.
- Develop and actively maintain a rolling five-year Construction Work Plan with monthly progress reports to the Board of Directors.
- Attend and actively participate in all Management Team meetings, strategic planning sessions, Board workshops/meetings and represent the District at regional meetings as necessary.
- Manages construction of major projects, reviews construction plans and specifications, monitors completion of contract work and approves final products.
- Analyzes information and advises the General Manager of new developments which may affect profit, scheduling costs, customer relations, etc.
- Present current up-to-date E & O reports and presentations at Board Meetings.
- Demonstrate effective decision making in areas of responsibility. Support and present positive attitude for all directives and decisions of the District. Foster and support collaboration among peers, staff and teams to ensure the effective and efficient achievement of goals and objectives.
- Interacts successfully and works effectively while displaying professionalism, a cooperative attitude, open communication, and respect with all levels within the organization, outside agencies, consultants, customers and the general public.
- Responsible for the preparation and execution of emergency preparedness and action plans to respond to natural disasters and coordinate utility activities with local, state and federal agencies.
- Must maintain a working knowledge of the APPA Safety manual and OR-OSHA utility regulations. Complies with safety policies/procedures and supports all safety programs and safety leadership within the District. Responsible for safety and diligently attends safety meetings.
- Required to follow and insure compliance of District policies, NESC, and OR-OSHA Standards as well as other applicable regulations, codes and standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to take direction, communicate as necessary and complete multiple tasks on time while working independently and with limited supervision.
- Good reasoning and judgment to maintain confidential information, including HIPPA protected information.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail, works well with a diverse group of people and can function as a team.
- Able to manage the E & O Department, successfully supervise many employees while providing guidance and structure to your direct reports. Able to analyze, apply principles, and develop effective solutions to E & O related issues and/or concerns. Provide leadership and recommendations on how to implement solutions to these types of complex problems.
- Demonstrated ability to operate personal computers, adding machine, applicable software (such as MS Word, Excel, etc.), GIS systems/AutoCAD, as well as office and network equipment and printers.
- Knowledge of project development and scheduling methodologies, project management, and negotiation of contracts and services.
- Know local, state, regional, and national laws that apply to E & O, contractors, easements, contracts, and all others that would apply to the PUD industry; as well as, supervisory rules (Wage & Hour, FMLA/OFLA, etc.).
- Frequent walking, standing, and sitting.
- Extensive use of a personal computer requiring sitting for extended periods of time, adequate eyesight for viewing and manual dexterity.
- Ability to exert 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must be able to physically negotiate all terrain where electric lines are encountered in all weather conditions. Requires climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and reaching.
- Must have adequate color vision for electrical work.
- Must hear and be heard clearly in spoken conversations with heavy background noise. Use of a telephone and a two-way company radio equipment requiring adequate hearing and speaking skills.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the job duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job duties and responsibilities.
- Work will be performed in both an office setting and outdoors with extended periods of sitting and extended periods of time working at a computer station.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions such as rain, snow, high winds, and temperature extremes.
- May be subject to various natural hazards such as; irritating vegetation (poison oak, stinging nettle), insect bites (bees, wasps, ants) and animal hazards.
- Must be able to work long hours in stressful conditions such as restoring power during storms, emergencies, other power outage situations, or special projects.
Minimum Qualifications & Preferences:
Sufficient education, training, and/or related work experience to possess the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, which would typically be acquired through;
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field and 10 years related experience or a combination of the two is acceptable. A Professional Engineer license (PE) is preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of supervisory experience.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of electrical utility experience.
- A high level of professionalism is required. Excellent verbal and written communication and the ability to work well with a variety of people and balance a variety of tasks while assessing priorities and balancing workflow is essential.
- Must have a valid Oregon driver’s license. Driving record must be acceptable and insurable by Clatskanie PUD’s insurance carrier by standard group rates.
- Must have developed English language skills to the point to be able to: read newspapers, periodicals, journals, and complex technical manuals.*NOTE: Complete achievement of certain of the above specifications may not be required if, in the opinion of the PUD hiring team, a particular candidate possesses significant offsetting characteristics such as past accomplishments, experience, education, or estimate of future potential.
Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience. Clatskanie PUD offers a competitive benefit package. An application is available on this page – click on Download Application. Submit completed application, resume, and cover letter to Human Resources, PO Box 216, Clatskanie, OR 97016, fax 503-308-4884, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This position remains open until 5:00 pm on Friday, June 29, 2018. If you have questions or need additional information, please contact Lynn Donner or Sarah Johnson 503-728-2163.
It is preferable that the successful candidate resides within the District service territory.
*Clatskanie PUD is an equal employment opportunity employer, following all federal and state employment laws required. CLATSKANIE PUD WILL MAKE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR THOSE COVERED BY THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT. Veterans will receive hiring preference.