Public Records Requests
It is the policy of Clatskanie People’s Utility District to respond in an orderly and reasonable manner, in accordance with the Oregon Inspection of Public Records Law (ORS 192.311 to 192.478), to requests for access to public records maintained by the District.
The District will provide an initial written response within five (5) business days of receiving the public records request. The initial response will acknowledge receipt of the request and include one of the following statements:
- A statement confirming that the District is in possession, or is the custodian, of one or more of the requested public records; or
- A statement that the District does not possess, and is not the custodian of, one or more of the requested public records; or
- A statement that the District is uncertain whether it possesses, or is the custodian of, one or more of the requested public records, and that it will search for the requested public records about which it is uncertain and make an appropriate response within an additional ten (10) business days.
If you have not received a response in this timeframe, please
contact CPUD at: (503) 728-2163
Within fifteen (15) business days after acknowledging the request, the District will take one or more of the following actions:
- Provide access to, or copies of, all requested public records of which the District is in possession or is the custodian and for which the District does not claim an exemption from disclosure under the Oregon Public Records Law and for which the District is not otherwise prohibited from disclosure by state or federal law (“Responsive Public Records”);
- Provide a statement that one or more of the requested public records of which the District is in possession or is the custodian is exempt from disclosure under the Oregon Public Records Law, including a citation to the applicable exemption;
- Provide a statement that the District is otherwise prohibited by state or federal law from disclosing one or more of the requested public records that are within the District’s possession or of which the District is the custodian, including a citation to the applicable provision of law;
- Provide a statement that the District does not possess, and is not the custodian of, one or more of the requested public records;
- If the District is uncertain whether it is in possession, or is the custodian, of one or more requested public records, or if the District is uncertain about the scope or nature of the request, the District may request in writing additional information or clarification for the purpose of expediting the District’s response to the request;
- Provide a written statement that the District is still processing the request and provide a reasonable estimated completion date.
The District may charge fees for responding to any Public Records Request. Such fees shall be reasonably calculated to reimburse the District for its actual costs in granting access to the Responsive Public Records.
The District will deem a request for public records to be withdrawn by the requester if, after sixty (60) days following written notice by the District, the requester fails or refuses to pre-pay fees due or fails to respond to a request for additional information or clarification.
All Public Records Requests must be made:
- In writing, via a Public Records Request form (see Form A attached PDF)
SUBMIT COMPLETED FORM TO:
Attn: Custodian of Records
PO Box 216 Ι 495 E. Columbia River Highway
Clatskanie, OR 97016
Phone (503) 728-2163 Ι Fax (503) 728-2812
- By electronically filling out and submitting the form below.