Electric Service Application
How to Apply for Electric Service:
- Apply in office.
- Apply by filling out our fillable forms, dropping them off in person or by
emailing them to our Customer Service Team. Before emailing us, please save
the completed form to your device.
Residential Application – Fillable PDF
Commercial Application – Fillable PDF
- Apply by completing the Online Form below. (RECOMMENDED)
Office Address: 495 E. Columbia River Highway Clatskanie, OR 97016
When applying in person, please bring one piece of unexpired, government-issued identification with photograph. The District will accept all forms of identification approved by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and/or the U.S. Transportation Security Administration.
When applying for a commercial account, the person requesting service must be an employee and authorized guarantor of the business. In the case of a Sole Ownership or a Partnership, the request to set-up service must be initiated by the owner(s).
A Social Security Number is required to complete the soft credit check for applicants who do not have a current credit history with Clatskanie PUD (District). Soft credit checks DO NOT impact your credit score; it is solely used to determine your Security Payment.
Fees & Payment Information
- A non-refundable Processing Charge of $20.00 will be billed on your opening statement.
- A Payment Security may be required when starting service.
- The determination of the Payment Security requirement for residential customers is dependent upon the results of a soft credit check through Online Utility Exchange™.
- Payment Security is due at the time of service activation.
- The Payment Security requirement for residential customers can be waived if:
- The applicant has established a satisfactory payment history with Clatskanie PUD.
- A credit check from Online Utility Exchange provides a positive credit report for all applicants.
- A Payment Security refund can occur when a customer has maintained a current account with no late payments for no less than 24 consecutive months. Refund amounts will be applied as a credit to the customer account for which the Payment Security was assessed. No interest will accrue on the Payment Security.
- Upon termination of service, the Payment Security will be applied to all outstanding charges at the time of the final billing and any remaining funds will be refunded in the form of a check to the primary customer.